Hepatitis Social Community

Copegus

Forgot to ask you guys this a while ago. Did anyone ever have their Copegus in a 'regular' vial, like the one you at the pharmacy (push down a twist top type bottle)? 2 of the bottles were the white bottles with aluminium sealed tops looks like right from the manufacturer type. Why would this other bottle not be the same.

The reason I am saying this is the white bottle has a lot number and expiration of 09. The other one says its expired in May 07, no lot number of course becasue of bottle type I guess. Isn't that cutting it close(May 07)?

Plus the sticker that is over the white bottle says 07. Why does it say 09 underneath.I asked the girl on the phone when I placed my new order why are the bottles differnt. Could she answer me? No.

If anyone can make sense out of what I said, and can answer me, let me know. thanks
I got my first bottle of Copegus in the "regular" bottle at my local pharmacy. From then on, I decided it was easier to simply get it via mail from the same mail order pharmacy that supplied me with the Pegasys. The mail order pharmacy always shipped it in the manufacture's White bottle. The reason I assume the pharmacy does it the way it does is because they probably order larger bottles from the manufacturer/distributor to fill the prescriptions from. Shouldn't make any difference as long as you're dealing with a reputable pharmacy.

As to the expiration dates, I'm a little unclear on what you're saying. It does seem odd that the expiration date would be as close as May, although technically still has months to go before expired. Have no idea why they would put an 07 expiration date over a closed bottle with an 09 expiration date. I'd call the head pharmacist and find out and return it for a fresh pack if you don't like the answer. But I'm kinda neurotic about those things and always used my most recent meds (per expiration date) first as opposed to last :)

-- Jim
Well hubbys comes in a white bottle with a seal and they are little blue pills and mine come in a regular pharmacy bottle (push down and turn) and they are white capsules. I have been told due to two different mail order pharmacies.  But does sounds strange from the same pharmacy.
Mine had come like that before... sometimes they would pour them into that amber Prescription Bottle... other times they came just as you mentioned...

Oh, & Actually that's NOT really cutting it that close... that bottle is approx a 1 month supply.... so just use that bottle first & it will be long gone before the self life reached expiration!

That Self life is actually good beyond that... but.. well you know how all that works... Personally I liked my Riba to be FRESH Too... Just like I always dig to the BACK of the Milk Cartons at the store... so I get the freshest one with the furthest out expiration date,,,LoL
;)
Thanks guys.
This is all mail order though. All from the same place too. Weird to me. Maybe I'll see how this next shipment comes and then ask them.

Of course I think the worst,like it was a return and they stuck it in the regular bottle. I think of the meds laying in the back of some drug addicts beat up car in the sweltering Florida hot sun and then he returned them and I got his dead meds. Yeah leave it to me to think of the worst scenario.

Maybe thats why no sx for me. lol Dead meds,potency went poof. I shouldn't even joke like that. What a nightmare that would be. But who can you trust? I just read an abortion clinic a few towns away from me has been closed due to a procedure gone bad. When they investigated there were unsterilized instruments etc. I guess there will be a few new Hep c cases to add to the statistics. How horrible. Unsterilized instruments!

I'm petrified to go to a dentist at this point.

Tator Tot lol I grab the milk from the back too. I don't understand the people that grab the one in the front. Whats wrong with them? Ha!

Hope your doggie is feeling better.

I went to the dentist recently and was glad to get a new cap on that tooth that needed it. My doctor said it would be fine to go to the dentist as long as they didn't do surgery or scraping of gums, etc. The doctor does have a list of exceptions but they wouldn't give it to me just for replacing a cap. Don't be afraid of going to the dentist. I'm glad I went. I ran out of dental insurance last year anyway and I have 2 dental plans.
I lost some of my ribavirin, if you can believe that! I'm suppose to get refills this week but I needed the riba yesterday. My dr. said come by and she'll give me some. She gave me a bottle of copegus and said take like the riba. It has pink capsules 200 mg so I double up on the pills. When I picked them up, first thing I checked was the expiration date on the bottle! April 07! My pills have a shorter life span than yours! Oh well, now that you mentioned it, I'm the one who got the druggies pills that he turned in after not txing!
I always check the exp on the milk, move all the milk around and try to get the freshest too.
Bug