Hepatitis Social Community

Depression

OK guys I think I really need help. I can't seem to stop crying for the last 5 days. Calling my PCP tomorrow. I think I need an antidepressant. Is there anything safe for the liver anyone can recommend
This should probably go on the other, main side, where more people will see it and weigh in.

I never took AD's (but probably should have at one point), so I'm not much help as to the different types. I know there are tons of excellent threads about this and it's surprising how people react differently to the same meds. It's definitely worth finding the right fit for you, if there is one.

In the meantime, you can have a peek at one of the health pages put together by a member (I haven't looked at it myself, so don't know if it will answer your question):

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/Comparing-Antidepressants/show/28?cid=65

Regards,

Susan
There are many ad's that could help you and it is common for people to use them on or off treatment. I would speak to your hepatologist about which one to use. they usually take 2-3 to get to therapeutic levels, so I would suggest talking to your doc ASAP.

I am sorry you are having a tough time. these meds can make a huge difference in peoples lives and for many will help them get through treatment since the tx drugs can cause depression.

Take Care,
- Dave
Hep c tx can lead to depression...Symptoms include feelings of sadness and hoplessness, loss of interest in once pleasurable activities, changes in weight, sleep, or appearance.  

Sorry to hear you're going thru this.  Talk to a medical professional about it.  Hoping you find a good SSRI; Good luck with it all.  Cory.    
I'm on tx and ADs. I take Effexor XR and it works great for me. Remember that all ADs are not created equal and there is a chance the first one won't work and you may have to try another. I found that I respond better to SNRIs instead of SSRIs... they don't make me as drowsy, but they all feel weird the first week or so. Try to be patient. Tx is hard enough without feeling the need to cry all the time. I know I felt a LOT better when we got me on the right dose.

Good Luck!
Diane
I am in tx for Hep C. Depression is not a uncommon side effect of the treatment or the condition for that matter. It is very difficult. But there is help. My Hep doctor put me on Zoloft and it has made a word of difference. You are not alone don't ever be afraid to reach out for a helping hand or the support you need.

Best of luck to you,
Debbie  
I'm not in treatment yet, Hopefully soon. I so ready. I feel like I'm starting a new life and the unknown is always so frightening.