Hepatitis Social Community

Elevated ALT. Fatty Liver? ALD?

Hello, my ALT was 65 after a visit to the doctor for heart palpitations. I was under a lot of stress at the time and had also just gotten over an upper respiratory infection after a few rounds of antibiotics. All other LFTs and CBC were normal. I have been a moderate drinker and sometimes binge drinker for about 4-5 years. The last part of 2013 was particularly rough on me. I have refrained from alcohol for 7 weeks and my ALT has dropped to 59. I was told to continue avoiding liver toxins and recheck in 3 months. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I was also experiencing some dizziness a few weeks ago, DR said he thought it was inner ear related. I've had some feelings on my right side and towards the center of my back, I wouldn't describe them as pain or discomfort, I just notice them. I thought maybe it was just in my head after reading about symptoms. Do you think this could be fatty liver, liver congestion, or ALD? I'm 27 and a smoker, otherwise healthy? Should I have an ultrasound?
Might want to post in the cirrhosis forum.    Good luck!

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cirrhosis-of-the-Liver/show/1390

You have multiple concerns and questions.   You are very young to be having all these issues and concern.   Call your doctor and schedule a complete physical.   Only then will you know what connection there is between your symptoms and concerns.  

Best to you
"I was told to continue avoiding liver toxins and recheck in 3 months"
Good idea !
I would ad a healthy diet and regular exercise to that.

b
BTW , did ever get tested for HCV ?