Harvoni Side Effects Anyone?

I ask this because overall, I don't feel much, but this morning I woke up with a headache, which is very rare for me. I believe one of the side effects can be a headache. I also notice my hands slightly shaking since starting Harvoni. Anyone experience this? Just curious as to what others are going through.

I know this is a new type of treatment, but it would be helpful and put people at ease if others are experiencing the same effects. Otherwise, people could freak out and think something worse is happening to them. Something worse than watching a Justin Beiber video if that's possible...

Magnum
Yes, the headaches. This is nothing I'm whining about, instead just curious as to whether others on Harvoni are experiencing this. Funny I should even bring this headache complaint up because here's a log I kept while I was taking a triple treatment which almost killed me. I was one shot of Interferon per week, Ribavirin at 1200mg daily and Victrelis at 2400mg daily, in other words, one shot per week and 18 pills per day. I went from 3.2 million viral count, down to 300 in 16 weeks. The only problem was that treatment of this magnitude should have been stopped at 12 weeks if I did not clear. My doctor and I agreed to go another month in spite of the agony and torture because I had already failed four treatments. Here is a log of side effects I kept. I now am NOT whining about a simple headache.

SIDE EFFECTS: Cough for 6 weeks, probably due to acid reflux from pills. Lack of energy. Diarrhea. Sleep depravation. Constant medicinal taste in mouth. Salty taste on right inside of mouth about ½ hour after pill taking, which lasts for 5-10 minutes. Short fuse temper. Feel hot at times. Itching in calf areas of both legs and back. Red bumps breaking out on my forearms. Mouth is very dry at night. Distended stomach the last 3 weeks of treatment (month 5) sleep deprivation worsened the last month (month 5), averaging 2-3 hours nightly. Some hair loss. Ribs on right side hurting a few days after stopping treatment.

Magnum
Hey there, there is no way anyone could ever think you are whining.  You are just looking for help.
You have been through so much already, several treatments as well as a transplant.
Puleeze, no one thinks you are whining, you are just looking for information :)

Hang in there, I, and everyone else is rooting for you :)
Oh the information I cut and pasted above was from the trials.  I am trying to find real time sx's
Take Care
Dee
Hi I don't know if you would be interested but I found a person's blog who has been treating with Harvoni for about a month.  I thought it might help you.
Take Care, Dee

http://blogs.hepmag.com/kylejacobs/
Thanks. I will look into it. Yes, the side effects are extremely minimal at best. Another15.5 months to go on this treatment should be no problem. If I can withstand a transplant, 5 failed treatments and have no transplant complications after 11.5 months, something tells me this is a walk in the park in comparison.

Magnum
I meant to say another 5.5 months of treatment to go.

Magnum
Still getting morning headaches from Harvoni. As I mentioned before it is very rare for me to get a headache. The last time I had a headache was when I was digging weeds in my front yard flower bed and had my dog Delta next to me. She was a pit bull but of a very gentle nature. Anyway, she was sitting there on the grass next to me. After a while I turned around and she was gone.

I started freaking out because I didn't know where she went. So I called her several times and finally she came from the backyard of my neighbor, who has a swinging gate so when you open it, it swings back into the closed position on its own.

I couldn't believe my eyes, she came to me with a dead rabbit in her mouth. It was all full of dirt. The neighbor had three kids and each one had a pet rabbit. I didn't know what to do, so I took it in the house and washed and shampooed it and blow dried it to fluff it up.

I went into their backyard and noticed a hutch with two other rabbits in it. I figured it had escaped. So I took it and put it back in the hutch. That weekend I was picking almonds off my tree in the front yard and the neighbor was cutting his lawn.

He shut off the mower and came over to me and told me "you know, when my wife went to feed the rabbits before we took the kids to school, she noticed one of them had died. We buried in the back yard, and when we got home, it was back in the hutch again".

I didn't say anything and did all in my power to not laugh. My headache went away later.

magnum

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis Social Community