Hepatitis Social Community

In Memory of bonnie

My long-time friend passed away this morning.

That's her pic in my profile.

I'm very depressed . . . ..

Wyntre
Oh boy do I know what you are feeling right now.....Ive  been thru this a few times. Takes quite some time to fill the hole in your heart.
My deepest sympathies..........
Just keep thinking of what a good life she had.

Im sorry.
Sorry to hear of your loss.  I know exactly what you are feeling.. But know where she is now, she can see and hear, and run and play , and she will be waiting to greet you when the time comes.   Its a rough time, but you will get thru it.   Just as you will get thru treatment.     SVR    Well try to remember all the good times, and funny things she did.   It helps you get thru it.   We are always talking about the quirky little things that Cessna did.   I still miss her..    But I see her headstone everyday..    The picture I posted was one of her daughters, Zsa Zsa.  My ex gave her away, when I went out of town on company business.    That I think was the final straw.      It ended soon after that.   I miss her too.. she was attached to my hip constantly.   If I did not put my hand on her, she was right up on me, trying to make me touch her.    She tried to slip me the tongue in this picture.. LOL  
I'm so sorry Wyn.

I wish there was something i could say to help.
thanks all,

Isn't there some CM song that goes something like this:

I lost my home
I lost my job
But worse than that
I lost my dog.....

Trying to *LOL* but it's true . . .

Bonnie had a good long life . . .I got her in 1994 when someone threw her out of a car.

It was their loss, my gain.

I had to bring her to the vet this morning.  She'd lost bladder and kidney control, was vomiting, had a huge infection around one eye . . .I know it was time but I kept wishing she'd pass in her sleep . . .

I held her as the vet inserted the needle. . .she was gone within seconds . . .

This is really hard.  thanks for listening.  Bonnie and the flock thank you, too.

wyntre

I know Bonnie is . . . .
I am sooo sorry for you loss....
I'm grieving too right now so I KNOW what you are going thru...
We lost Our Sweet diabetic Heidi "Foo-Foo" yesterday evening...
I did the same thing & put my dear Heidi's picture in my profile, & she is now a resident at Rainbow bridge!

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/HEIDI061/Resident.htm

as hard as it is... I guess we have to be grateful & feel bless for the time we shared.... but it's HARD

Sending you great big {{{{{HUGGS}}}}} & sharing the tears!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....  

Author unknown...
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Bonnie...i will keep you in my prayers...
Blessings
My Heidi was in the hospital in ICU since last Thursday, do to complications of her diabetes...
Severel days & several grand later she developed pneumonia... & we knew it was time to make the call....she went quick & painlessly.... she was ready to go...
I sat with her a long while holding her & praising her.... even got up & gave her some water twice out of my hands by the sick.... I told her I'd meet her at Rainbow Bridge, & that she was gonna rest now, & what a good girl she is & that I Lover her.... I had scoot down in my chair & had her laying on my chest  cuddling her & been talking softly in her ear & kissing her face... & we we're nose to nose when she took her last breath!

It was hard, but I know it was time & the right thing to do... & I feel better knowing she is no longer suffering!

Hang In There!

Oh jeeeezzzz, Tater,

I'd just pulled myself together enough to go online but after reading your post I'm bawling my eyes out again. . . .,

I couldn't even read the whole thing . . .my glasses fogged up . . .i got as far as the Rainbow bridge part. . .

Thanks for posting and I'll read it again when i can see.

You're braver than me .... I held her but i just couldn't wait for it to be over so i could run away and collapse . . . .

wyntre
Awwww  I'm so sorry that you lost your pup, your friend.   I remember my very 1st experience with death was when I was 7 years old and my beloved cat, 'Tar-Baby' was run over by a car.  I found her  on the road.  I was devastated.  I don't think I'll ever forget that moment.  That cat sleep with me.  At lot of times she was my only friend!  I grew up in an area close to a military base so people were always moving away.  So, I grew very attached to my cat.   Anyway, I'm so sorry for your loss!

Susan
You've got me crying.  I find I always cry over pets more than I do over humans - maybe because there are no emotions other than love to complicate things.  Human emotions are way more complex, and not so pure.  Dogs came to this earth to be our friends and to care for us in exchange for our caring for them.  They're domestic animals, not made for living successfully without us, and we hold them in trust.  The love of a dog is priceless, and losing that pet leaves a vacant hole in the universe.  But the hole will fill up, slowly, continuously, until only a lovely memory remains. My heart goes out to both of you in your losses.

love,
pigeon
I wish I could put a cm song together for ya but maybe this will do bobby goldsboro, honey with a little improve of course. Can't get past the first verse myself tho. Anyway, sorry for your loss.
jasper
Thanks, Susan.   The worse thing is I think I'm secretly relieved . . . .I'm not a very good nurse . . .   isn't that horrible?  :(

Pigeon,

i'm still crying too, or at least i was until geterdone mentioned the song 'honey'.

geterdone,

I looked up the lyrics and this part really made me laugh!  

She wrecked the car and she was sad
And so afraid that I'd be mad,
but what the heck
Though I pretended hard to be
Guess you could say she saw through me
and hugged my neck

Sounds just like Bonnie until i took her license away.  She was so short she couldn't see over the steering wheel.  

wyntre
I liked this one, maybe Bonnie is now running with my Sweetie....

It is said that when two friends have walked hand in hand through the shadow of a rainbow, their bond is strengthened, and the colors of the rainbow and the world are now brighter, nourished by the loving support beings gave one another during darkness.

my deepest sympathy for your loss...Being such an animla lover myself, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you both - Please know myheart goes out to you both - Lots of hugs Beth
Thanks for your comments.

For some reason, just knowing other people know about bonnie  is comforting. . .

Forseegood,

I have meant to tell you the pic of Petunia is precious.  

tell Sweetie to keep an eye out for bonnie . . . .

wyn
wyntre,
Bless your heart... I was gonna say... Maybe your Bonnie & my Heidi are playing over in the meadow ... Looks like they are in Good Company with all the others that got there before them!

pigeonca,
I KNOW... when I popped in here & the first thing I read was about Bonnie... I just Burst Into Tears Myself... I Just HAD to reach out to wyntre to let her know she's not alone... this kind of stuff (although inevitable) just Rips my heart out!

Beth,
Thanks.... they really are like our very own children... I think it has to do with that "Unconditional" Love!!! It's Heart-Rendering!
I wish so much that I could place my arms around you right now.  As you know just this past Thursday my little one, Pansy, died.  I was thankful that the last face I wanted her to see was mine to gently remind her that she was so unbelieveably loved!

I know of your heartache and loss.  I was just mentioning to some people that as a child I always had animals growing up, but as an adult, Pansy, and my other little one, Jacodi were the very first ones that I had ever had.  So the connection and love that I had for them was so much more intense.  

As a believer, I do believe that Heavenly Father has them close to Himself as they await our arrival oneday to be reunited!  This has been one of the things that I think on that has helped me...now I send this same loving thoughts and prayers onto you, my dear friend, during this time.  Please know today as everyday that you are loved and prayed for especially during this time.  

Together in Christ,
Rick
Wow, it seems that we are all experiencing the loss of our loved ones.  I just got myself together from reading Wyntre's post when I saw that you're little one past as well.  I did the exact same thing you did in the vet's office with my little one last Thursday morning.  I feel blessed to know that our little ones knew beyond everything that they were loved!!  Please know that along with Wyntre I am praying for you that Heavenly Father will comfort you during this time.

Together in Christ,
Rick
Heidi, Bonnie, Pansy and Sweetie.  :)

The canine fab 4.

I've known this was coming for almost a year but it still hit me really hard.

I recently went through moving, losing job, financial problems, not to mention Hep DX.

All during the moving, back in the Spring, i kept praying Bonnie wouldn't die then coz i don't think i could have handled it.

that was when i had to go on prozac.

A friend emailed me today that maybe bonnie was 'hanging' on until i got settled . . . I think she was right.

I know she was uncomfortable in her body.  I know she was suffering.  i know that's not how she wanted to live.  When i got home from the vet's i felt her snuggle down next to me on the couch while I was sobbing my eyes out, and she was saying, "I'm OK.  I can see now;  i can walk again;  I can hear."

And when i was leaning over the table at the vet's. holding her as he inserted the syringe in her leg, I felt her body go limp after a couple of seconds and it really wasn't Bonnie, anymore, that I was hugging. . . .

She's being cremated with one of her favorite tee-shirts and I'll pick her up later this week.

Boy, did I love that little creature . . .

thanks everyone for helping me get through this awful day.  

tomorrow i have to make the 5 hour round trip to see the gastro.  It's been hard to think of a good reason to keep the appointment . . .

wyntre
my heart goes out to you. I have lost more than a few best friends and it hurts. but somehow new best friends alwasy find me. on the sideof the road, in a parking lot...... :>) guessit smy calling in life.

mourn for your friend.  then honor her memory and save another life. god bless.
So,so sorry. I know what you are going thu. It's such a heart breaker when this happens.

It so horrible to lose a pet. They are just like children as far as I am concerned..  Bonnie is so-so cute!!!  

I'm sure you have lots of pictures that will bring back fond memories of Bonnie.

Hang in there Wyntre. There are alot of animal lovers on forum,,,we all know what you are going thru and are grieving with you. I pray with Rick that you will feel the comfort of God surround you.
Thanks conz and myown.

it just doesn't seem fair that these wonderful creatures have such relatively short life spans . . .

I can live 35 to 40 years and Venus has a potential life span of 98 years.

it's just so heartbreaking with the furry ones . . .

wyntre
So sorry for your loss. I cried for 2 days after my son's cat died. I adopted hiim when my son left home. Time is a great healer.