Hepatitis Social Community

More all-oral research .including genotypes 1,2 and 3.

Pharmasett anounces three new Inf. free Phase III trials for all geno types:

http://investor.pharmasset.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=619564
The trial for 1's is only for those that cannot take inteferon. No tx naive. The other trials are for 2's and 3's...right?
It wouldn’t take “The Sharpest Knife in the Drawer” to figure out they’re getting Placebos. If you’re taking “placebo PSI-7977 and placebo ribavirin” you’re not going to have any sx.
"you’re not going to have any sx"

Maybe a surgar high.:)
"sugar"
LOL yes people who feel absolutely fine should wonder why after a while but they wont come online because they wont have any problems. Vicious circle!
I am in the PSI 7977 and BMS 790052 and although i had some minor fatigue  initially for a short time -I had no other and still not side effects..I was also undetected after 7 days..
That’s Great News that you are having no sx and in order to be undetected, you can’t be taking a Placebo. However, it is uncommon not to have any sx from Riba. Congratulations.
Gonnabhepcfree is not alone in not having side effects.  I also had minor fatique and, from what I have been told by five other study participants in the same trial, they have had little or not side effects.  None of us were taking Ribaviron however and I would be very appreciative if you could let us know what sort of side effects do people have when they are taking Ribaviron without interferon but with drugs which are known to have few or no substantial side effects.  Many people have asked me this question and I have not been able to provide an answer.  By the way, our trial was open so we knew exactly what we were taking.  
I see UK girls has answered my question on another thread.  Would others agree with this?  I don't think we have much experience with Ribaviron when it is not paired with ifn, do we?  If so, please post here.  Thanks.
that's so true..my study has a ribavirin arm and when I seemed disappointed to not be in that arm my study coordinator said "Why you want to feel all the side effects that come with the ribaviri?" She then named them and now I am grateful beyond words to so far be having the result I am with no sides..The Quantum study is at my Dr's office and the arms that get the placebo will eventually get the study meds.
“I don't think we have much experience with Ribaviron when it is not paired with ifn, do we?” Good Point.  

“None of us were taking Ribaviron” Was this a Typo? If not, I’m confused about how  anyone could have sx from a drug your not taking.
Nevertheless, here are the listed sx from Ribavirin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000301/#
Ribavirin may cause anemia (condition in which there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells)
Ribavirin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
· cough
· upset stomach
· vomiting
· diarrhea
· constipation
· heartburn
· loss of appetite
· weight loss
· changes in ability to taste food
· dry mouth
· difficulty concentrating
· difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
· memory loss
· rash
· dry, irritated, or itchy skin
· sweating
· painful or irregular menstruation (period)
· muscle or bone pain
· hair loss
Some side effects can be serious. The following symptoms are uncommon, but if you experience any of them, or those listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING section, call your doctor immediately:
· hives
· swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
· hoarseness
· difficulty swallowing or breathing
· pain in the stomach or lower back
· bloody diarrhea
· bright red blood in stools
· black, tarry stools
· stomach bloating
· confusion
· dark-colored urine
· yellowing of the skin or eyes
· unusual bleeding or bruising
· vision changes
· fever, chills, and other signs of infection
· depression
· thinking about hurting or killing yourself
· mood changes
· excessive worry
· irritability
· starting to use street drugs or alcohol again if you used these substances in the past
· intolerance to cold
Ribavirin may slow growth and weight gain in children. Talk to your child's doctor about the risks of giving this medication to your child.
Ribavirin may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch] or by phone [1-800-332-1088].

They mention in the study outline that there will be legs for "those who can not take ifn."  Are these people w/ autoimmune disorders?  What else would keep a person from being able to take ifn?  Just wondering...