Hepatitis Social Community

New Scam

Credit Card Scam
May 11, 2009

Another credit card scam is making the rounds. In this scam, the caller doesn't want your credit card number, they already have it. The person on the line says they are calling from the fraud department of VISA, and your credit card has been flagged for an unusual purchase. The caller asks if you have purchased an anti-telemarketing device, and when you say no, they tell you a credit will be mailed to you. The caller then quotes your address and asks you to verify it. They then give you a 1-800 number should you have any questions. Now here's where they get you. The caller says they have to verify that you are in possession of your card, and asks for the three digit number on the back of your VISA. This is what they need to use your credit card.

http://www.vocm.com/news-info.asp?id=36071

Always something.  Won't affect me, I don't have any that work and I am thankful for that.  Hubby likes to sign on the dotted line too much LOL

Denise
im 51 yrs old ,never had credit ,use cash .all the family, freinds said i need credit to function is this world .there all walking around with there eye balls dragging on the ground ,cant sleep etc etc . the problem w credit is ,very few people can buy only what they need .most are just trying to keep up w the jones .  18% drop in credit use , congress slappin   them  around            it wont be long now    people will wake up !