Hepatitis Social Community

Oil Pulling

Has anyone ever heard of this?

The method
In the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon in the mouth but do not swallow it. Move Oil Slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and Dr Karach puts it as ' sip, suck and pull through the teeth' for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process makes oil thoroughly mixed with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white. If the oil is still yellow, it has not been pulled long enough.It is then spit from the mouth , the oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use normal tap water and good old fingers to clean.

http://oilpulling.com/

I just thought of something....Riba is fat soulable...maybe this is not a good idea while on TX.....bit it is interesting...i know one thing...they cant be out to make money,because you can do this without buying anything special...just the oil in your cupboard.
It must be good because the site claims:

"...The analysis indicated cure of the following types of chronic diseases:

Pains in the body and problems pertaining to neck and above 758 cases
Allergy and respiratory problems of lungs like asthma, bronchitis etc191 cases
Skin problems like pigmentation, itching, scars, black patches, and eczema etc 171 cases
Digestive system-155 cases
Constipation-110 cases
Arthritis and joint pains-91 cases
Heart disease and B.P-74 cases
Diabetes-56 cases
Piles-27 cases
Diseases pertaining to female reproductive system reported by women-21 cases
Diseases like Polio, Cancer, Leprosy, polycystic kidney, neural fibroma, paralysis etc 72
Sample testimonies of different disease cured
There are many testimonies of disease cured from different people, differing in age, sex and duration of disease. More examples are given in my book on “Oil Pulling and Healthy Habits”. Sample testimonies of chronic diseases cured are appended below for showing the curative effect of OP...."

Disappointing that it doesn't cure HCV. I thought for sure it would - it cures cancer.

Mike
HCV is such a tough one for oil to crack. Luckily, just a little dab will do you when it comes to curing heart disease and cancer with a spoonful of oil .
Im asking if you have ever heard about it....not if you think it works?...first time for me.
BACKGROUND: Oil pulling has been used extensively for many years, without scientific evidence or proof, as a traditional Indian folk remedy to prevent teeth decay, oral malodor, bleeding gums, dryness of throat and cracked lips, and for strengthening the teeth, gums, and jaws. AIMS: The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of oil pulling with sesame oil on the count of Streptococcus mutans in plaque and saliva of children, using the Dentocult SM Strip mutans test, and to compare its efficacy with that of chlorhexidine mouthwash. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Twenty age-matched adolescent boys were selected based on information obtained through a questionnaire. They were divided randomly into two groups: the control or chlorhexidine group (group I) and the study or oil pulling group (group II); there were ten subjects in each group. Plaque and saliva samples were collected from all the 20 subjects on the strips from the Dentocult SM kit and, after incubation, the presence of S. mutans was evaluated using the manufacturers' chart. The study group practiced oil pulling with sesame oil and the control group used chlorhexidine mouthwash for 10 min every day in the morning before brushing. Samples were collected from both groups after 24 h, 48 h, 1 week, and 2 weeks and the efficacy of oil pulling was compared with that of chlorhexidine mouthwash. RESULTS: There was a reduction in the S. mutans count in the plaque and saliva samples of both the study and the control groups. The reduction in the S. mutans count in the plaque of the study group was statistically significant after 1 and 2 weeks (P=0.01 and P=0.008, respectively); the control group showed significant reduction at all the four time points (P=0.01, P=0.04, P=0.005, and P=0.005, respectively, at 24 h, 48 h, 1 week, and 2 weeks). In the saliva samples, significant reduction in S. mutans count was seen in the control group at 48 h, 1 week, and 2 weeks (P=0.02, P=0.02, P=0.008, respectively). CONCLUSION: Oil pulling can be used as an effective preventive adjunct in maintaining and improving oral health.

http://tinyurl.com/dh34n6
Now that's plausible, unlike the first link. Interesting, too. And cheap.

Many people clean their teeth very effectively with tree twigs.
And dog biscuits.  So I'm told.  
Great to hear from you!! I miss you.

I have to run but I was serious about the twigs!

Port
BOW WOW...WOFF   WOOF.
Psychiatrists and researchers are using a notorious party drug to treat veterans suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and are asking the Department of Veterans Affairs to expand the program.

http://news.cnet.com/military-tech/?tag=rb_content;overviewHead

Thanks portann, nice to be missed.  I'm still around .. just posting less.  

I know you were serious...but I wasn't.  :)

Hope you're hanging in there okay, I think of you often.

Trish
Slightly off topic but it may be worthwhile dropping this link here.  Its a warning about mouthwashes.  I would also think that for anyone with advanced liver staging putting alcohol in ones mouth and letting it soak may be ill advised.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24896583-5001021,00.html

-------------------------
No clue on the "oil washing" Rocker, but it reminds me of how mayonaise is made; put water and oil in a blender and *let it rip*.  The fact that the oil seems to change in color would not signify that any detoxification has taken place.  Actually, if there are no toxins present you may have a "natural and homemade" *near mayo*.  Add some salt and a wee bit of lemon and it might be good with tuna, lettuce and wheat bread.  It's what's for dinner.  ; )

Interesting topic.... but for me I would be most careful of what we put into our body and less interested in how to get it out.  ; )

LOL; that advice is SO good that I should follow it.  : )

best,
Willy