Hepatitis Social Community

lower riba?

If by chance my ANC goes down to where I would be a candidate for neupogen, I was thinking of what my game plan would be.

Since I will be doing shot #15 this Friday, maybe I would lower my riba by one pill after week 16 instead of using helper drugs.

I know that lowering Riba is tabu, but since I would already be past the 16th week, what do you think? Of course I will discuss it with the NP or more likely the doctor. But I would be curious to hear if anyone has any thoughts or advice.

I really don't want to use neupogen. Hopefully my ANC will not drop anymore and I won't need this "plan B."

I doubt your medical team will suggest Neupogen in lieu of suspect infections based on a single ANC value, unless below 300. BTW they don't lower "Riba" when ANC is low, they would lower or temporarily discontinue the Inteferon which isn't a particularly great idea in general, but you did become non-detectible by week 4 (I think) and you would have finished 16 weeks, so....

-- Jim
My understanding is riba is related to rbc problems. Interferon causes the problems with low wbc. So, lowering riba for white blood cell issues seems pointless. I think that's how it is. I've thought about lowering riba if they want me to start procrit.   Good Luck.
300?  Oh thats good then because I am 1300. I didn't know it would be lowering the interferon. That I definitely wouldn't want to do. I thought it was riba.

I'm afraid to quit at 16. I know its a risk for post sx the longer I tx, but I will not be in a good mood if I didn't svr because of short course. I know I can finish the 24 and not svr also, but its just the way I am. I'd like to try to finish.

A gamble in my mind is quitting early. To some a gamble is going the full course. I don't think either way of thinking is wrong. Its what a person would feel more comfortable with.

Today I was a little nauseus (first time, feel fine now tho.)
If I woke up like that everyday, the interferon is history at week 16. Big baby that I am.

Thanks alot

I'm fine now thanks. Who knows it may have not even been related to tx.

I didn't really eat anything this morning except coffee and a half slice of toast for riba.  

I usually try to eat more than that, but had to go to an early rehearsal and had to run out the door. I will always eat more from now on.

Thanks Elaine.

MO:except coffee and a half slice of toast for riba.
----------------------------------------------------
That's not good. You need food  and some FAT with the riba. That way the riba absorbs better plus you probably won't get nauceous. Elaine, yes, my ANC was "320" at one point, but two weeks later it was over 1000. ANC can bounce around a lot like that.

-- Jim