Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis Social Community
1.94k Members

side effects

I am currently taking the Telepriver protocol with copeg/pegasys interferon/ribavirin etc,,,  am in my fourth week and I have some very uncomfortable side effects.  'Roids are a BIG issue,,, traditional treatments are offering minimal relief/results,, anyone had similar complaints?  How did you handle it?  Overall tho, the Telepriver is showing me that I have a new lease on life, I saw what untreated liver disease caused, and getting a transplant is a huge problem, you have to be practically dead to move up the ladder to get one.  Stay the course, man.   ***@****
3 Responses
683664 tn?1330969924
Sending you a pm.
I have been watching the development of telapravir- it was called Vertex 950 early in the studies.  I didn't know it was approved yet.  Are you on a clinical trial?  I am a non-responder 2002 geno 1a -- .. If you are on a trial you don"t know if you are getting the real stuff. right.  You may be having placebo rage?  Anyway I am anxious to start this round of treatment as I have moved into stage 3 liver disease.  And I don't know if I can take anymore pain
Thanks hepcmandan
9648 tn?1290094807
Vertex is in phase 3 trials WITHOUT a placebo arm. So those that are getting it, are really getting it.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.