Hepatitis Social Community

sore mouth

Does anyone know what the best thing is for dry cracked mouth, iv tried vasaline, seems to make it worse.
If the cracking is on the outside at the corners of the lips, one of the gals here mentioned using Vagisil successfully. Um… I haven’t tried it myself, but hey…

Good luck-

--Bill
I used John Masters Organics chap stick called 'lip calm'. It really worked wonders.

Vaseline is actually not good as it is derived from petroleum. No wonder it made it worse.
For lips I found good old-fashioned bag balm to work wonders (it has lanolin in it) and for the nighttime "leather tongue", mouth moisturizing gel by Oragel worked good.~MM
"For lips I found good old-fashioned bag balm to work wonders"

Not gonna say it. No sirreee. Just gonna mind my own business over here. Yup. The silent majority. That's me.
  I feel your pain. With buzz words like Vasaline, Vagisil, and good old-fashioned bag balm,
It sure makes it Hard not to respond.
Well, yannow, bag balm IS the "duct tape" of the ointment world...You both are incorragible! LOL ~MM