Hepatitis Vaccination for a person with post-polio syndrome

Dear Dr:
  I am a 47 year old female who had polio when I was two years of age.  I have lived a fairly normal life with few medical complications.  However, I was seen several years ago my a post-polio specialist and told to watch my health carefully. I am a special education teacher who works with students that put me at risk for developing Hepatitis B.  My HMO doctor suggested I take the vaccine series put admittedly knows very little about post-polio.  Would the vaccinations be a wise decision or might they be more a harmful risk?  Thank you for your time.

_
Dear Virginia:
I appreciated your question.  I

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis Forum

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.