Herbal Remedies Community
38 Members

Diabetes?

Diabetes

·         Reduce weight.
·         A high fibre diet, especially water-soluble fibre as found in oat bran, beans, nuts, seeds, and apples, helps to balance blood sugar.
·         Avoid simple sugars, white, refined bread or pasta, and cow’s milk.
·         Consume complex carbohydrates which improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar elevation. Brown rice, barley, oats, spelt, and kamut are complex carbohydrates that are good choices.
·         The diet should consist largely of whole grains especially oats, fruits & vegetables.
·         Watercress & horseradish (in small quantities), have a healing effect on the pancreas.
·         Ground flaxseed should be consumed daily (at least ¼ C daily).
·         Chromium deficiency has been linked to diabetes, so eat lots of brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, whole grains, onions and garlic. Onions and garlic are also helpful in lowering blood sugar because of their active ingredients allicin and APDS (allyl propyl disulphide).
·         Other high chromium foods include sea weeds, broccoli, raw honey, and molasses.
·         Eliminate alcohol and caffeine from your diet. Coffee can induce very high blood sugar levels.
·         Cut back on your consumption of saturated fat. Found in red meat and dairy products, it has been shown to increase the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
·         Avoid artificial sweeteners.
·         Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes. Walking after meals is effective for some people.
·         Diabetics are particularly vulnerable to toxic accumulation. As the skin is the largest organ of elimination, encourage it to expel toxins by giving yourself a dry skin brush from head to toe every morning or night.
·         Drink a glass of clean water every two waking hours to rid your body of toxins.
·         Alternating hot and cold compresses, applied to the abdomen, just over the pancreas and the kidneys, will encourage proper insulin production, along with regular elimination of fluids from the kidneys.
·         Don’t smoke or expose yourself to second-hand smoke.
·         A cup a day of cooked navy or pinto beans has slashed the need for insulin injections by 38% in one group of patients.
·         Consume a high ratio of raw to cooked foods, (about 80% raw foods) as raw foods greatly reduce insulin needs.
·         Do not eat late in the evening and do not overeat, as overeating can induce diabetes of increase it, once contracted.
·         A daily 30 minute soak in a hot bath with some seaweed or sea salt, is believed to help remove sugar and acid accumulations from the body.
·         Eat your meals at regular times, and do not be in a rush to swallow the food; the quicker you eat, the higher goes the blood sugar.
This is something I am now battling with I have been told borderline, whats that mean ,anyway I find it very difficult..this eating several meals a day, always been picky its hard to be disciplined, am trying hard and getting nowhere...I am copying your words above, thank you
No problem. It's difficult I know, but our bodies really need to be disciplined after allowing them to be treated anyhow for years.

Hope it works for you and your certainly welcome :)
yup you said it never was too good at eating, but good at exercising ..now not good at either . New Years Res 'Get tough on me '
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.