A
A
A
Close
Herpes Community
27.6k Members

15 weeks herpes test

Hello,

I received a herpes blood test 15 weeks after my last partner. Is this enough time to receive an accurate test result?

Thank you
3 Responses
What was the test and the results for HSV1 and HSV2?
not positive on the test but both were negative. I also received a test 6 weeks after the partner and it also came back negative. The place I took the test at said 2 months is enough time but I just see so many different time windows online that I wanted to make sure.
But you must have had the right testing to be sure. This will be for IgG antibodies type specific for HSV1 and HSV2 with appropriate values for each test, you need to learn about the test and the exact results before being conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.