Herpes Community

Any creams etc to help with itch, dryness, and flakey skin?

I have been diagnosed with herpes for a year now. I had 1 really bad breakout and 1 every month since then. I have been taking an antiviral every day for a few months now. It seems to be working for bigger sores. But almost seems like I'm shedding 100% of the time. It's incredibly uncomfortable. Are there any creams or something to help? (PS I haven't been dating or sexually active in almost this whole year because of this. Being a single mom, dating is seeming so hopeless! Any tips for that would be appreciated too!)
Hi, shedding is symptom free and thats why its mostly passed as the carrier doesnot know they have it. Since your having so many outbreaks i would see a herpes specialist to maybe change your prescription. On itchy skin i use over the counter 1% cortizone cream sparingly and as for dry skin just a good cream
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.