Herpes Community

Are these herpes symtpoms?

Ive had oral sex with a partner about 5 nights ago, I was checking her vagina for any bumps, he looked clear but she had pink almost red lining on the sides of her vagina, she also told me that she had mano,and has a boil on her butt and her exboyfriend started getting boils,and another friend of hers..(I heard herpes can spread with these symptoms on others).... Just yesterday morning im watching tv and I notice a sore on my bottom lip just one,it didnt itch and was not extremely painful.I was tryng to avoid licking my lips to pass on any germs,at the same time this could of made my mouth dry,later that night my bottom lip was so dry I think it caused a cracked in the middle and it started bleeding.So thats two spots on the lip..should I be worried?Today the two marks look like little cuts, but combined with my partners story im a little worried.
mano?  do you mean mono?

Chapped lips are common.  If this seems to not want to heal up - see your provider for a further work up.  Keep the lips moist at all times. Vaseline before bedtime is also good.  

If you are planning on being intimate with this partner again - I'd make sure you both got full std work ups before doing so.  This whole story from her raises red flags to me. Also the next time her "boils" appear - she needs to see a dermatologist within 24-48 hours of their appearance for a further work up if her regular provider isn't able to figure out what is going on.  I'm incredibly suspicious when folks say they have boils in their genital area. Especially if other partners are starting to get boils too. Either there's bacteria that needs treated being passed around or it's herpes being misdiagnosed.  With the rate of MRSA infection out there in the community right now - it's well worth being cautious and her getting a full work up for this.

grace
Thanks for your reply, I am planning to make a doctors appointment,todays sunday so I have to wait.. Could you tell me if there are any redflag symptoms that I should look for? l Heard there are stages that the sores go through knowing what to expect would help give me peace of mind on whats going on untill I see the doctor..thanks
Herpes is a VERY variable disease so to tell you what to look for is ANYTHING abnormal at this point with this girl since she does pose a risk!! I agree with Grace with the red flags.. Boils on her then her boyfriend??? Read about Boils and tell me if that makes sense to you.. She very well could have herpes down there in which case I would wait to get tested with her before engaging in sex. Your problem doesn't sound like herpes at all...
I want to get tested but I dont know where to go,do I go to a special clinic,can a regular doctor provide testing for me or do I have to see a regular doctor and he sends me to someone that does the testing?Please let me know
At this point I don't think it's you that needs tested as much as your gf needs a more complete work up.  Once you have a better handle on what is going on with her then you can go to your regular doctor for further work up for yourself.  I'd really want to know better what's going on with her at this point if I was in your shoes.

grace
ok..this "girlfriend" of mine is no longer a friend of mine, I cant just ask her whats goin on,I really want to know whats goin on with me..I dont see why its so important to talk to her,If any thing I think she might of gave me something on purpose..today out of no where I seen discharge come out of my penis..how did that get down there I have NO IDEA and im thinking bout just going to the emergency room,is that a good idea,should I really wait it out?
discharge from your penis isn't an emergency and to be frank you won't get the kind of care you really need from an ER for an urogenital issue.  You should wait and make an appointment with a std clinic or your regular doctor during normal business hours.

Why talk to your ex gf? Because obviously she has something going on.  Even if she has a chronic MRSA infection that her own doctors are missing it would help your doctors a lot to know what you've been exposed to. Also if she does have herpes - she'll need tested to know that. It can take 3-4 months waiting until a herpes test is accurate in yourself from this partner.  

Follow up with your regular provider this week.

grace
alright I didnt mean to put it on you with an attitude I was just overwhelmed,I went to different doctors and there saying I cant go to them cause of this and that, and my primary thinks im still too young to catch anything lol, and then I got the discharge out of nowhere...and this girlfriend I asked her when I got the first cuts on my lip and she acted like she wanted to kill me when I asked her if she had anything..so Ive been pretty alone in this thing and frustrated,im going to a clinic today..like right now
Alright so..I went to the clinic yesterday..I got a full STD/STI check up  i passed the hiv test, i took a siphilis test,and a clamidia and ghonorea test results wont come back till like 2-3 weeks..when the lady examined me she told me that it didnt look at all like herpes and dismissed that theory,then she told me that they did find blood in my urine and based on my symptoms it sounds like a bladder infection..i told her to test me for herpes anyway so I took a herpes blood test after the exam , she gave me some antibiotics and thats all...
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.