Herpes Community

Are these signs of HSV-2??? HELP!

Hi there,

I am currently waiting to get tested for HSV-2. I have come into contact with a guy about 2 months ago who contracted herpes 5 years ago (only had one outbreak). We have NOT had sex but I am experiencing a lot of symptoms that are linked to HSV-2. I have had an itchy vagina and labia for a few weeks now (which has now died down a lot), discharge, tingling/shivers up and down the back of my legs, pains in my arms, aching in my neck and headaches. As I said before we have not had sex but he has performed oral on me, fingered me and I have also touched his penis and then touched my vagina which I am most worried about!! How likely is it that I have contracted herpes from this activity?

Someone please help me!
Hi, touching him is not any issue and since he has hsv2 genital him giving you oral and fingering you would not be any risk so testing really would not be recommended but thats your call,
Hi, touching him is no risk and since he has hsv2 genital him giving your oral and fingering your is no risk either so testing would not be recommended from this affair but thats your call,
Thanks Life360. Not too sure why I'm having so many symptoms that are similar then :( I'm terrified.
I know this is totally random but what could be the reason for the tingling/skin crawling sensation up the back of my legs? I have heard that this is highly linked to HSV-2.
Tingling and such is a term called Prodrome and is mostly used for those that already have hsv and can be used as a tool predicting upcoming outbreaks. So in your case it would not be a symptom.
Does that happen for people who have just contracted HSV-2 though and are about to have an outbreak?? I have now had this tingling/crawling for over a month and a bit.
Not at areas outside the point of infection and should not last more than a few days. When a person contracts herpes it enter the nerve at the site of rubbing and prefers soft mucus areas. So if contact was made in your vaginal area, you could have tingling at that spot but not at your legs. Its really for those that have had it for quite some time.
Ok, thanks for your help! I'm still scared so think I will still get tested just to make sure.
So I'm a little worried....I woke up this morning and found what looks like a little pimple/white head on the side of my vagina just in the crease of my leg. Is this anything to worry about?? It's slightly itchy.
If you're really worried, I would go see a doctor. They can swab the pimple and check for the virus. The swab/culture test (if positive) is also the most definitive diagnostic tool for hsv.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.