Herpes Community

Autoinoculation of genital herpes?

For the past year, I've been getting redness and burning/itching on my labia that comes and goes along with slightly itchy red bumps on my buttocks and leg pain - I've never had any sexual contact but I do get frequent cold sores and it just so happens that I get the cold sores at the same time I get this genital irritation. I don't have any noticeable bumps on my labia and the bumps on my buttocks don't really look like blisters, but I know that genital herpes is sometimes mild like this. I also got a had a cut on my labia during one of these episodes. Do you think I have genital herpes? I don't know what else it could be, especially because it comes and goes at the same times that the oral herpes does. I seem to have these episodes about twice a month. Please help!
COMMUNITY LEADER
It's possible but highly unlikely. Next time you get cuts or inflamed got to your Dr or gynecologist. Have the area swabbed and pcr tested for hsv
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.