Herpes Community

Borderline Positive

I was married for 12 years and my husband and I separated two years ago. I have recently met a someone but before we have any form of intimacy I wanted to make sure of my health. I took a HIV, Herpes 1 & 2 and Chlamydia.

I got back my results which were as follows

HIV negative
Herpes 1 positive 1.2
Herpes 2 Borderline Positive .9
Chlamydia Borderline Positive .9

Can you please explain this....
Hi with the herpes hsv1  at 1.2 it can either be an old infection that you acquired at childhood, a newly acquired infection with a low antibody value or a false positive. You should retest for herpes hsv1 in a month or so. Anything below 1 is negative so your hsv2 is negative.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.