Herpes Community

Bumps..

For the past few years of my life, I've been getting cold sores on my mouth from stress. They aren't frequent and I never really thought much of them. Two days ago I woke up with an awful sore throat and went to see the doctor and was told I had a bacterial infection in my throat. I have had aches in my back for these past two days as well. And then this morning, I woke up to find one red bump in my pubic hair but not near my genitals, but closer to my belly button. It had a white head on it, and fluid came out that seemed like pus, but I couldn't be sure. Also, one of my lips was swollen, red and itchy. I'm young and I've never had sex before, but this seems somewhat like herpes symptoms so I was hoping someone could help.
please respond grace i'm really nervous and need some sort of advice.
you need to be seen and find out what this is.

you've never had sex so it' s not genital herpes.  you already have hsv1 orally so you aren't likely to contract hsv1 genitally if you've received oral sex.

grace
so because i have hsv1 orally, i most likely won't get it genitally even though i have received oral sex?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.