Herpes Community

Burst Condoms

My boyfriend and I had anal sex twice last night and we had 2 condoms burst we immediately changed them. I'm infected he's not I have for 15+years and take Valtrex every day. He says he's noticed additional bumps today below the head of his penis, he's not circumcised.

Is it very likely that he contracted herpes and would have symptoms already?
I would say that's a little quick, usually it takes around 3 to 10 days to show up. The next morning would be a little too early.
Do u think it's a higher risk being that it was anal sex?
COMMUNITY LEADER
No. Like squints said it's to early. Being on valtrex helps to lower the amount of time the virus sheds. His risk is very very low. I wouldn't be overly concerned about this.  His real world risk from this is almost zero.
Thank u both!
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.