Herpes Community

Can HSV-2 "symptoms" show up on same day? How likely am I to be infected?

Saturday night I went to a public WC. I was a bit drunk and there was an old man who was using the urinol next to me. He was touching his penis, I got a little excited (I'm gay) and then he touched mine. He still had time to hold it with his fingers and pull my foreskin back before conscience hit me - he was OLD and probably full of STDs. I brushed him off and walked away.

A few hours later, I started feeling a tingling sensation on the tip of my glans/foreskin. Today, Tuesday, I'm still feeling it. Yesterday I got checked for urinary tract infections but nothing came up on the results.

Now I fear I might have contracted genital herpes... Yes, I know herpes takes at least 2 days to show symptoms, but before an outbreak there are usually 'signs' such as tingling/itch. I know because I have HSV-1 since I was a child (I'm 21).

From what I described, how likely to be infected do you think I am? Might this tingling sensation be prodrome?
I'm hoping this is all just stress-related but... :(
Hi. touching as you describe is zero risk
Not zero for sure. Herpes is highly contagious. I do hope it's low risk though... I didn't even see his penis properly, can't tell if he had sores or not... I feel like **** :'(
COMMUNITY LEADER
It is zero risk. Hsv is not a super contagious infection and STD's are not spread this way. You have absolutely nothing to be concerned about.
U sure for sure? What about the tingling/mild itch I feel? :(
Yes we are sure and most most itch and the tingling is not related at all to herpes as appeared a few hours later and most likely from you touching and checking.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.