Herpes Community

Can anyone help please?

2 weeks ago yesterday I received unprotected oral sex from another guy. A few days after it the tip of my penis and the inside of my foreskin was red and quite sore. My testicles were also swollen and sore and I had a slight rash. The swollen testicles and my penis tip being sore and my rash only lasted about a week, now these symptoms have gone. But the head of my penis is still red and looks a bit dried out. Straight after I received the oral sex I went home and gave my penis a really good wash with soap. I am worried of this being herpes. But could this be that I have irritated my penis from the soap or something?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
COMMUNITY LEADER
This doesn't sound like hsv at all. Sounds more like you irritated and dried out the skin. A newly acquired hsv1 genital infection most always comes with a classic outbreak 3-5 days later. This includes painful lesions, fever, swollen lymph nodes and body aches. Your chances of contracting oral hsv from a single oral exposure without a cold sore present is very slim to none.
What would be the best thing for me to do?
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can see your Dr if you are concerned.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.