Herpes Community

Chafing/Lesions on Thigh - Herpes?

For the last 3-3.5 weeks, I've been dealing with some chafing discomfort in my groin and inner thigh region. The doctor I initially saw thought the redness/skin issue in the groin area was from a fungal or yeast issue. I was prescribed Clotrimazole, which seemed to help a little. The redness/rash in the region has calmed down over the last few weeks, though the chafing has remained.  The dermatologist I saw afterward prescribed an ointment for the chafing/discomfort. It hasn't helped that much.

Now, I have an apparent lesion on my inner thigh which still chafes, but also now has begun having a burning sensation.  The lesion is small, but very red and noticeable with a blister-like center. I'm worried it may be genital herpes, since I had a sexual encounter with someone I didn't know about 7 weeks ago.  There are no other obvious herpes symptoms, such as spots/lesions on the penis, and no burning sensation when I urinate.  

Is this lesion/skin issue now a result from the chafing, or a result from an infection like Herpes which has been contributing the whole time to the chafing?
Hi, this would not be related to herpes from the recent affair, as first time outbreaks would be at point of contact, like your penis shaft or pubic mound area.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.