Cold sore transmutation possibilities

My sister and I were sharing dim sims and were dipping them into the same sauce. She has a cold sore and we were both double dipping. What are the chances of me contacting a cold sore
Hi, there is no chance to contract herpes by what your describing.
Although HSV has been found to live a few minutes in saliva, there are no documented cases of HSV being transmitted in this manner. I would recommend, however, that you not share food and drinks, using the same utensils or "dipping sauces." There are a lot of other bugs to catch besides HSV!

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.