Herpes Community

Cold sores

I get cold sores on my lip once in a while...but does tat mean tat I cant ever kiss ne one or do oral sex even if I dnt have it in the moment?! Please help!
http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm  has terrific info on oral herpes for more reading.  Taking a common sense approach is the best you can do. it's not 100% protection for a partner but it does help quite a bit.

also if you know your partners hsv1 status, that is helpful too.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.