Herpes Community

Confused

I have been with one woman sexually my whole life for 25 years.  I was negative for HSV1 but had a level of 4 for HSV2, out of range.  She tested negative for HSV2.  I have never had any genital outbreaks of any sort.  I have had a wierd rash ( no blisters) on my buttocks infrequently.  I have had the rash biopsied 3 times and no HSV.  Both of my doctors have told me that I do not have HSV2 and that the blood test is notoriously inaccurate.

I noticed the rash after using a tanning bed.  Can you get HSV from a tanning bed?
I encourage you to seek out a herpes WB blood test to confirm your status for sure at this point.

no, you won't contract herpes from a tanning bed.

grace
Thanks.  Will do.  If the only person I have been with sexually doesnt have it as confirmed by blood test and you cannot get it from a tanning bed, how would I have it?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.