Herpes Community

Cracked Lips and Herpes Simplex

I get cracked lips on the corners of my mouth about once a month. My doctor tested me for the herpes simplex virus and I tested positive. So he is treating my angular cheilitis, cracked lips at the corner of mouth, for this.
However all it is are cracked lips. No sores or scabs. I understand that the herpes simplex virus presents in this way.
Could this be a different condition? What else could be causing this?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.