Herpes Community

Cunnilingus and herpes

Two days ago I performed cunnilingus on a stripper, in addition to fingering her and kissing her several times. One day ago, I noticed a small red mark (no pain or feeling) right underneath my lip, which I initially assumed was a pimple. Since then I have (unwisely) touched it, as well as treated it with salicylic acid, after which a persistent warm tingling has occurred in that area. As of today, there is also a liquid sheen over the mark. It's occurred to me that this "pimple" might in fact be a cold sore, right before the blistering/open sore stage. However, I was also under the impression it took longer for a cold sore to progress than the 2.5 days it's been since the sex act I described earlier. How likely is it that I may have contracted either HSV1 or HSV2 from this encounter? I plan on getting tested in a few weeks (from what I've learned about STD testing windows, this seems to be the recommended time - I also want to get tested for other STDs as well), but am now very concerned about the risk of infecting other people through kissing or oral sex.

Thank you.
Quick additional note: I also have a very mild sore throat and soreness swallowing. Still no pain on the sore (never saw a blister, but I may have damaged the skin enough with the acne medication thay they never showed), just a very mild tingling.
Hi, the risk you contacted herpes where she did not have any vaginal sores at the time would be close to zero. The bigger risk for contracting oral herpes from oral sex is giving a penis oral not giving a vagina oral and your correct that symptoms would not show up that quickly and the average is the first week.
Thanks very much for your reply. I did also engage in some kissing, so it's also possible I could have contracted HPV1. The sore I have is still wet and contains blood now. The fact it showed up right under my lip a day later, and the fact it's not a zit, does make me very suspicious. Apparently, cold sores can present without the usual hallmarks. I will get tested regardless and refrain from any close contact with anyone until then.
Are you sure you have Herpes?

I once performed oral sex on a woman - prolonged, wet, and sloppy cunnilingus. I later found out she had Herpes.

That was several years ago. I have since got bloodwork done and was still negative for HSV 1 and 2, with antibody count of < 0.90.

I also kissed this woman, so if I didn't get it from cunnilingus I could have received it that way (actually more likely that I got it that way). I've definitely read of cases where people who were exposed were not infected. In my case, just very suspicious that a cold sore would show up afterward. Cold sores are only caused by herpes, and this definitely wasn't a pimple.

I also had a separate similar encounter (not at a strip club, with a person I know) a few days before that, which is another source of exposure. I don't know this other person's HSV status.
Do you have a past history of negative results of HSV before all this?

Yes - just one prior STD test that confirmed I was negative for both HSV1 and HSV2.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.