Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

DO YO HAVE CHILDREN WITH HSV1

hi
i will like to know if someone here has children with oral hsv1 and which are the symptoms they get and how often?

thanks very much
3 Responses
101028 tn?1419603004
About 1/4 of children have hsv1 orally before they enter into kindergarten in the US. In some other countries it's far higher.

for most kids - they get cold sores - if even that. It's not unusual to just have the initial symptoms with a new infection and then not get any other symptoms. Most kids with hsv1 orally don't even show symptoms.

Did you have specific questions?

grace

My family was recently on vacation when my 15 month-old daughter fell at the pool and hit her lip on the tile/cement surrounding the pool. She got fat lip and an abrasion below her lip.  It looked as though it was developing a scab but it keeps getting wet from her drooling (teething) and licking it.  At times (when it's wet) it almost looks like a coldsore.  It doesn't seem at all painul to her though.  Could it be a coldsore and not be painful and could a fall/trauma to the lip trigger cause a coldsore? Would she be able to contract hsv1 from having a cut on her lip and then going into a public pool?
Thanks
101028 tn?1419603004
This sounds way more like trauma to the lip. sometimes they can be a booger to heal because they can be in an area where they are constantly stimulated by licking, sippy cups, thumb sucking etc.  You know how we adults are even - we can't leave it alone!!!  

You won't get hsv1 from the pool - you'd get it from mommy or daddy kissing your boo boo to make it better to be completely honest.

grace
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.