Herpes Forum

Do I have herpes?

Hi Doctor
About 2 weeks ago I went to a strip club and the lady touched her vagina for a few seconds and then touched my penis tip for a few seconds. She also licked my testicles for a few seconds. I didn't notice any sores or anything on here but I'm not sure as I was very drunk. The day after this contact I noticed redness and a few red dots around my penis after masturbation. No pain when urinating or no pain around the penis or genital area. I went to a clinic and told the doctor about this and she basically told me that I basically can rule out getting herpes or any other STD through this activity. But the red spots and redness continue to be there on my penis. Sometimes they go and then come back. They seem to come back especially after masturbation but there is no pain while doing this. Also my penis becomes very dry with a few cracked lines on the tip. There are also one or two red spots under neath the penis tip but none on the shaft. I also have a cut inside my top lip but they are not painful but I have always had problems with my lips as they become very dry in the winter. I'm just so wondering what this could be.

Thanks doctor hope to hear from you soon
Nothing you have said here sounds like you acquired herpes in this encounter.  First, the encounter itself is incredibly low risk.  If you were my patient at the clinic, I would have zero concerns about you getting herpes in this situation.  And also, nothing that you have described in your description of dots and redness sound anything like herpes.  I hope this reassures you a little bit, what do you think?

Terri
Thank you very much for your comment!
I also didn't think it was herpes but had to be sure. It's just worrying as I have some red spots and some red blotchyness on my penis. I'm wondering could this be a bacterial infection or a fungus infection? It's still rather worrying as it must be something if you know what I mean? Hope to hear from you soon thanks:)
Thank you very much for your comment!
Red blotchyness is often fungal but without a fungal test or the use of antifungals with improvement, I really can't say.

Terri
Well a month after this has happened now I went to the doctors and they said it seems like I have a yeast infection. So they have me cream to use but just over a week of using it nothing has happened at all! I'm getting quite worried as I'm looking more in to this at what keeps popping up is HSV. If it is a yeast infection why isn't the cream working and what else needs to be done? Thank you again
I'm sorry, but I'm not there and really can't' suggest what this might be, but again, if you have had the same symptoms for this duration, they are most likely nothing to do with herpes.  .

Terri
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.