Do I have hsv2 please help

I have recently tested for hsv2 and results came back 1.30 igg range <90.0 I didn't get tested for  regular herpies does that mean that I have genital herpies please help
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not necessarily. That number although positive is well within the low positive range that can absolutely be a false positive.
Anything lower then a 3.5 needs  confirmation teating.
You can wait a week or so and retest with an igg blood test. You can seek out the western blot test from the University of Washington. Research western blot hsv test.
Do you ever get cold sores on your lip or nose. Hsv2 tests are sensitive and can pick up hsv1 antibodies or other odd protiens.
  At your low numeric value, you have a good chance it's a false positive

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.