Herpes Community

Do cold sore scabs carry HSV1?

So this may be a stupid question as I have not seen it posted anywhere. Are cold sore scabs contagious? Mine started flaking last night and I think it's on my bed somewhere. Am I being paranoid or should I wash my sheets. I still have a cold sore it's just starting to scab. I feel like I sound paranoid but I don't want my kiddo to get it because I was not careful enough.
Thank you in advance!
Have a lovely day

I know when it's on you, attach it is contagious but once it falls is it still contagious ?
First you cant pass it to another part of your body and for sure not from sheets. Its recommended that the cold sore heal completely.A scab could act as a covering but some fluid from the virus could still leak out of the scab.
No I know that. But I'm asking is the scab that falls off during flaking can those be contagious once they have fallen off and landed somewhere else. I am concerned because my son sleeps with me at night.
The fallen scab is not contagious
Why not? Is it only the fluid in a sore that makes it contagious? And they tell u to avoid kissing because it is possible the scab can break and leak fluid out?
So is it only the fluid that is contagious? That would make sense. That's why they say to be careful even with a scab as fluid can leak from any breaks correct? It's not the scab itself?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.