Herpes Community

Do i have herpes???!!!!!!

so im 20 years old.. i have been getting cold sores since i was 16.  within the past 3 years i have slept with only the one person, though we are broken up now. As far as he says and as i know, he has not had a coldsore before and no sti's.
Last night i noticed a blister/sore just between my upper thigh near to my bikini line... To me it resembles of a coldsore. I am worrying and freaking out and i no that i will have to go to my doctor
What i am trying to find out is is it possible to transfer the herpes virus from my mouth to my grone by using a tweezers. I was using my tweezers around my mouth/ upper lip, and i think it may of been when i had a coldsore.. And i sometimes use the tweezers to remove ingrown hairs on my bikini line.  Is this possible? Answers would be great as i am extremely worried.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Initial genital herpes always shows up where the infection starts, i.e. the body areas that get friction and rubbing during sex. Also, auto-inoculation (self transfer to the virus to a new body site) occurs occasionally during the first few weeks after a new herpes infection, but very rarely after that. I can't say the risk is zero if the thigh lesion is exactly where you used tweezers, and if it happened within a few days of the tweezers being used on an oral herpes lesion. But this is a stretch -- very unlikely. It sounds like you had a pimple on your thigh, nothing more. Of course see a doctor if it doesn't clear up or it happens again.

I hope this has helped. Best wishes.
thanks for the advice..
So from what you said it is possible to transfer the virus in the way that i have said i could of  even though you are saying it isnt 100% possible that i have. I will still go to my doctors just to be say as the blister/sore doesnt look right and to me really does resemble that of a coldsore
I don't know whether it is possible or not. If it is, I'm sure the chance is exceedingly low.

Almost any superficial skin infection can resemble a cold sore.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.