Herpes Community

Doctors stumped. Any ideas

Is it possible, under any circumstances, for several painless, separated penis lesions that show up 4 weeks after last contact to be primary episode of herpes? This was also followed by red itchy blotches on both upper thighs and red solid bumps on the left flank.

6 months later I still feel left leg shooting pains and penis tingling daily. No lesions though. A blood test at 5 months showed im positive for hsv1 but doctor said that could be from a previous oral infection, even if I don't remember having cold sores.
Hi, its possible but it would not be due to hsv1 as you tested to early to show up if this was a recent infection. Your doctor is correct that its an old infection. and most likley oral from childhood.
Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate what you mean by "tested too early" I didn't get swabbing done and my blood test was 5 months after this strange outbreak.
I misread and though you said you tested 4 weeks after exposure. On average sores appear about a week later not 4 weeks so it would appear its an old oral infection.
Thanks again Dave for your quick reply.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.