Aa
A
A
A
Close
Herpes Community
27.3k Members

Does this sound like cold sores?

I always seem to get pimples above my lips or on it. Usually where the skin meets the lip. They are usually never extremely painful but if i mess with them then it hurts. They are usually small compared to cold sore pictures ive seen online. i was wondering if the cold sore pictures online are extreme case or the how most cold sores really look? As for this week ive had two red pimple like structures next to each other pop up above my upper lip. Is it true that razor bumps and acne can be confused for cold sores?
1 Responses
101028 tn?1419606604
pimples really can be pimples.

The only real way to know if it's herpes or not is if you get a lesion culture of symptoms.

grace
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.