Herpes Community

Eye Transfer

Can you spread herpes to eyes? I only have red bumps, and I am trying to be mindful about washing and sanitizing my hands. But I tend to keep checking the lip area and I already have dry eyes. What should I look out for? Thanks. Btw, not sure yet, but looks like mild hsv1 and I have occasional urine burning sensation. Not too bad though.
Generally, the Herpes Zoster virus (chickenpox, shingles) would infect your eye if you had a breakout of shingles. Herpes Zoster and HSV-1 are entirely different viruses.

If you need a peace of mind, go see an ophthalmologist - an eye disease doctor.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.