False positive concern

Hello, i have a question about the validity of an elisa test when a severe allergic reaction, tetanus shot, sinusitis, three different medications; two antihistamines one oral steroid were present prior to testing. I tested positive on two seperate tests for hsv 2, first being 4.70 second being 8.39, the indexes were exactly the same and the tests were done only 8 days apart. Any input would be greatly appreciated
Also no symptoms nor an outbreak, which is puzzling as over these past 4 months i have been under near constant stress and my diet, when i did eat, was atrocious and very inviting for a virus, also i was smoking heavily and just generally very immunocompromised to say the least, the allergice reaction was to penicillin i took for the sinusitis and i had to go to the er to receive an antihistamine shot and a steroid shot, the antibiotics also gave me a yeast infection
If this was an IgG test on Herpeselect for HSV2 (with a positive > 1.1) then this would confirm an infection.

Don't be too concerned about the variances in numbers. The tests have a manual component and a differing control such that results over 4 are very sensitive.

The allergic reaction would seem unrelated to the infection of HSV2 that you may well have had for years.
Years with no symptoms and very stressed over the years? My last long term partner tested negative with lots of unprotected sex
By the way it was a double 1 and 2 not herpeselect
OK, where are you? Is positive >1.1 for the test you had?
Positive was 1.09
Testing positive with numbers above 3.5 for hsv2 twice would confirm an infection does exist.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.