Herpes Community

Flu-like symptoms followed by single red bump

Hello forum,

Two days ago I had unprotected sex with a woman I met at a bar. It was a drunken heat of the moment type thing that I now regret. Anyway, I developed flu like symptoms the very next day (sore throat, fever, headache, muscle pain, etc) which have now dissipated as of this morning. This morning however I did notice a single, painless red bump on the bottom shaft of my penis. Firm to the touch. I don't know if this bump was there while I was feeling sick. I plan on getting blood tested once the incubation period is over but in the meantime I'd like to know if this sounds anything like an early onset of herpes?
Update:

Turns out the flu-like symptoms were caused by strep throat, which I was diagnosed with and treated for. As for the bump it now seems more like an ordinary pimple as it spewed white pus when I squeezed it. Is herpes known to resemble pimples in this way?
Not if it has white pus in it, this is bacterial most likely. Herpes usually is more than one little blister inside a patch and not a single or individually discreet bumps.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.