Folliculitis? Warts? Or Acne

Hi there,

about a month and a half ago, I was masturbating and used a lotion with the following ingredients : water, glycerin, petrolatum, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, fragrance, ceteareth-20, citrus bogilis fruit extract, vitis vinefera (grapes) seed extract, mangifera indica(mango) fruit extract, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, avena sativa (oat) kernal extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, ascorbic acid, tocopheryal acetate, carbomer, tetrasodium EDTA, NaOH, propylene glycol, Na2-EDTA, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, propylparaben, citral, limonene, linalool, yellow 5 (Cl 19140), yellow 6 (Cl 15985), Red 40 (Cl 16035)

Then the next day, bumps appeared below my penis shaft, at the base on anterior side of my package (above my penis, below my belly button...but on my scrotum). Thinking it was just an allergy, i figured they'd go away. Well they haven't. And I think I see a few on the posterior(not ventral) end of my shaft (bottom facing).

the bumps were initially sorta light coloured, but after scrubbing them, some of them redden. But in general they are whitish (I'm lightly tanned). They sorta of look like this example of scortal calcinosis: http://www.dermis.net/bilder/CD016/550px/img0041.jpg but much milder and smaller and less together.

Doc, I'm scared this might be herpes, I did have unprotected sex with this girl in september. Wishful thinking is desperately telling me it's folliculities as many of the bumps do appear in hair follicles.

It's christmas day, and I can't enjoy it with this on my mind.

-Canadian_kmj2
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
this is not the doctor's forum. you have to pay to post there.

bottom line is you need to be seen and get a proper exam.  no way can we determine what is going on.  Does this sound like herpes going on? no it does not.  did you follow up with proper std testing at the proper times after your unprotected sex in september?

best to only use a good sex lube for masturbating, not body lotions/shower gels etc.

grace
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.