Herpes Community

Genital herpes

Hi I'm a female and I'm 23 years old. I've been in 4 relationships in my life and I've had 2 one night's stands. 2 months ago for the first time I had a cold sore and found out that it was herpes, I keep saying that I contracted it using someone else's lipstick but most people think that I've had it already for years it was just laying dormant. My question is, is it possible that I might also have contracted genital herpes from one of my previous relationships and it's laying dormant now and might get activated anytime? Let's say I had contracted it from one of my one night stands, wouldn't it activate too the same time as the oral one? Please help I'm constantly worried about finding out one day that I also have genital herpes.
You will not have contracted HSV1 from lipstick. It came from a relative in your youth.
Without genital symptoms there is no reason to suspect you have genital HSV2 given it is incredibly unlikely to obtain HSV1 genitally. You can have IgG test to confirm this.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.