Herpes Community

HSV 1/2 IgG results

I just recently got a STD panel. Everything came back negative except my HSV-2 IgG. I've done someresearch on the internet like most people do. I want to know if it is a Positive like the test says it is or if it is a low positive I need to confirme with more testing. I have never had aany symptoms I am aware of. I am a 38 yr old male. Here re my results

HSV-1 IgM Neg
HSV-2 Igm Neg

HSV-1 IgG Neg
HSV-2 IgG 3.08
This would need confirmation being a low positive. Obtain a Westernblot test or wait a few months and retest with IgG again.
Ok. Thank you! I have never tested for anything. I was concerned but not half as concerned as my GF is!
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.