Herpes Community

HSV 1 IGG Type Specific AB

My Herpes Test results came back as follows:
HSV 1 IGG Type-Specific AB                   >5.00 H
HSV 2 IGG Type-Specific AB                     0.16

My doctor says that this means the Herpes Anti-Body is present in my system.  I have never had an outbreak or any symptoms.  My girlfriend and I have been sexually active for several months and she has experienced no outbreak or symptoms.  The only thing I've ever experienced is a cold sore that has recurred every now and then since I was a teenager.  My girlfriend is going to be tested because this episode has terrified us both.

My doctor's answers don't clarify the matter.  My girlfriend and I are exclusive and want to build a future.  What information is available that can help us determine how to proceed?  What do these test results mean, really?

Confused!

Tony
since you also paid to post this in the experts forum, wait and get your reply there to get your money's worth.

grace
Thanks Grace,

Sorry for the confusion.  Just learning the site.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.