Herpes Community

HSV 1 Igg Positive

My test result show HSV Type 1 IgG positive. What exactly is the meaning of this esult ?. HSV Type 2 IgG is negative. What excactly is the meaning of this result. IGM also negative but I am aware theis test is worthless.
let's keep this all in your other post - thanks!
This just means that you are a carrier of the virus HSV1, which is commonly known as the cold sore virus. It represents itself on your mouth, but can be transmitted to the genitals rarely. Don't worry a huge percentage of people are carriers of this same virus.

It's not genital Herpes and having HSV1 actually affords some protection against contracting genital herpes.
hsv1 can present orally or genitally. it's the cause of 1/3 of all newly acquired genital herpes infection so saying that it infects the genitals rarely isn't very accurate.  also hsv1 doesn't provide any significant protection against contracting hsv2 later on either.
Oops, sorry if I gave wrong info. :( I thought that if you had HSV1 that it did afford some protection against HSV2. Did they recently recant that?
having hsv1 first makes it more likely that your hsv2 infection will be "mild" and possibly even go unnoticed. studies have consistently shown that hsv1 doesn't protect you from hsv2 significantly.  In the groups that have the highest hsv2 infection rates, they also have the highest hsv1 infection rates.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.