Herpes Community

HSV-1 incubation period

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning the incubation period of HSV-1.
I recently developed a blister much like the ones one can see on google images for oral herpes (albeit a small one) on the border between my upper right lip and the skin surrounding it.
After googling for the virus' incybation period the answer I most commonly saw mentioned is 2 days. I wonder whether it is possible to show symptomps of the virus in less than 12 hours after "catching" it. That's because i had used another person's bottle the previous night and i woke up (after almost 12 hours) witha full grown blister. At the time i could say i was immunosupressed given that i had only slept for 3-4 hours the previous night.

I would appreciate any feedback
as an adult, you aren't likely to contract oral herpes from sharing food and drinks.It's almost exclusively transmitted from romantic type kisses.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.