HSV 1 transmission

I was diagnosed with HSV 1 but have flare ups in my genital area. My concern is whether I have or can transmit the virus to my children by sharing utensils, drinking out of the same bottle, or kissing. Being that the outbreaks are not around my mouth, I'm a little confused as to how I can transmit it to others (especially my kids). Thanks.
Hi, when a person has herpes in the genital area there needs to be genital to genital rubbing contact to be at risk of passing it.
Thank you for your response. That puts my mind at ease.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.