Herpes Community
26.9k Members

HSV 2 SYMPTOMS

WITH THE INITIAL OUTBREAK OF HSV 2, ONE OF THE SYMPTOMS THAT MAY OCCUR IS A FEVER.
MY QUESTIONS:

DOES THE FEVER COME BEFORE OR AFTER THE BLISTERS APPEAR

2) DOES THE LYMPHNODE HAVE TO SWELL IN EVERY OUTBREAK

THANKS IN ADVANCE
6 Responses
Please Help with this
101028 tn?1419606604
Typically the fever would appear before the lesions but not always. Most folks who contract herpes will not even get a fever.

Lymph node swelling typically only occurs with a newly acquired infection for the vast majority of folks who have genital herpes.

grace
Hey Grace, when i have a breakout is it possible to only have one bump that becomes a blister? Some of my obs have been just one and some have been two at times. But never more than four
101028 tn?1419606604
Perhaps it would be most helpful if you explained why you are asking these sorts of questions. Are you unsure if you have herpes or not? Are you unsure what are ob's and what aren't?

grace
Yes Im unsure what they are. Im pretty sure that I may have contracted the virus so i just need to know about the outbreaks
897535 tn?1295210035
Have you been dealing with these symptoms since March? Herpes symptoms do not last that long. You can't possibly diagnose yourself - see a medical provider to know what's going on. Proper testing is necessary to diagnose genital herpes - either a swab/culture of the lesions and/or an IgG type specific blood test.
Have an Answer?
Herpes Community
26.9k Members
46.5k Questions
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.