Herpes Community

HSV Testing Window Periods

I recently performed a Herpes Type 1 and 2 IGG and IGM test after 23 and 33 days of having protected vaginal sex with unprotected oral sex.  All four results came back negative but I have been feeling a strange itch and tingling on my testicles, groin, and buttocks for almost two months now.  There are no lesions on my penis whatsoever.  I understand that for a fully conclusive result one should test 3 months after exposure but to what degree is the IGG and IGM Herpes test combination effective after 23 and 33 days post exposure?  Please let me know, your help will be much appreciated.

This discussion is related to HSV symptoms? Burning/itching .
Hi 23 days is not likely to show antibodies and suggest 8 weeks min for a good indicator. Also any symptoms would be on your shaft of pubic monds area not where your describing. Also what your describing and the length of time youve had them would not be considered herpes related at all.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.