Have questions about HSV2 results

Hello I know I have HSV1 been tested igg positive . Also in 2012 igg was negative for hsv2.
Recently I was a little worried obsessing as I was having burning on urination
I got a hsv2 igg test herpeselect at quest it was 1.91 High never had symptoms.
I'm devastated. I have a partner hes negative. Is this possible ? Is this accurate ?
Doctor Is doing hsv2 inhibition test
Put me on 500 daily valtrex.
I'm worried now to pass to partner.
Is 1g better for suppression protecting partner ?
Please advise.
Very worried person.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The 1.9 is a low positive and needs confirmation testing. With already having hsv1 your chances are very good this is indeed a false positive. This happens frequently and any number under 3.5 is suspect.
Hello my hsv1 igg is 35.90 has anyone seen this high number ? My hsv1/2 igm is 1.40
I have always had igm value prior to this hsv2 test. Why is my hsv1 igg so high ?? Does that Is have to do with a recent hsv2 infection ?
COMMUNITY LEADER
No. Some companies cut off an igg test at a certain value. Your high hsv1 just means you have hsv1 and have for awhile.
Igm tests are useless. No herpes expert recommends them. Even the cdc is against that test. It is unreliable period. Stop taking any igm tests.
See my comment above. You probably don't have hsv2. These are very low positive and with already having hsv1 you stand a very good chance that these are indeed false positives. You need to take a western blot test to sort it out. Research the western blot form the university of Washington and contact them
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes we have seen numbers that high. It makes  no difference as some testsort have a cut off and some don't. Either way you have hsv1. Now your hsv2 numeric value is very small. Like I stated before this falls into a low positive range and has a high chance with you having hsv1 to be a false positive.. research the western blot test from the University of Washington. Contact them for a test kit. This will sort out the low positive for hsv2
Hi there my partner hsv2 igg test greater than 5 . Are there different strains of hsv2. If he's positive and I'm positive do we have to use protection?
Can we reinfect each other not knowing who gave it to who or if we had it prior to meeting??

Also my partner doesn't remember having an outbreak .

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.