Herpes? Anything Else?

Try to make this brief..just want opinions...

In mid march, had unprotected sex with a woman. we had protected sex a few more times between mid-march and end of march. Then I started to notice my legs and arms and back started itching. Then 1st week of apr, she went in for STD testing and was told her IGM test came back with low postive for HSV2. She says she has never had any symptoms of anything. She says her visual exam was ok according to her doctors. At that time, I noticed a little irrtitation at the tip of my penis. I thought it was due to the condom or something...then noticed some pain in my groin area, nothing severe.This seems to come and go to this day. Then my whole body I felt started to itch...legs, arms, chest, back, hands, feet. Now, i have burning sensation in both legs, calves, thighs (in particular inner thighs) arms, pain in both hands and arms, headache and now some blurry vision. Some very slight itching on scrotum/penis but nothing severe. I also feel some throbbing type pain in the penis but only like a couple times a day. I feel like I have sciatia like pain because I do feel a pain in my left buttock/thigh but now its in the front pelvis area. It seems worse when I'm trying to sleep. Also, i'm feeling muscle twitches in arms, legs and penis. These all seem like signs of infection to me. Then I notice a noticed a raised area on my knuckle with a couple clear bumps around it. They don't hurt and the raise area went back to normal..but hands itch all over ...also two small red bumps on my arm that don't itch..Two days ago, she went to a different doctor who tested her IGG for HSV 1 and 2 and they both came back 0.21 negative. She says she has not had sex with anyone in 6 months (other than me) and that her doctor told her that she doens't have it and that she shouldn't be worried. Hopefullly she's not lying.  I went to the doctor and visually they saw nothing that looked like herpes,. I am very concerned and I think it has raised my blood pressure. I am now waitng on my blood test results. I have not experienced any blisters or sores....

Sorry for being so detailed but I wanted to make sure I covered it all....

Sound like herpes? Sound like anything else?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've been reading your post and your symptoms sounds so familiar to mines.  I also see worried_death comments but am not sure if he was tested positive or not.  So the partner you had verysaddude was a liar.  Do you think you received HSV2 from the oral exposure or the protected genital contact?  I've read on these forums its quite difficult to have HSV2 in the mouth but then again it is possible.  What was your reading of you results.  I know you're devastated, did you ever get any ulcers, blisters or bumps till this day?  Do you still have all the itching?  Do you still have the leg and arm pains?  How many outbreaks have you had since April?  I'd like to get your view on this.  The lady I was with agreed to go get testing, she did not know she had herpes until the results came back.  She had HSV1 and her reading was 1.4 and 1.3 is positive.  She claims to have never had an outbreak.  I had one 5 sec unprotected encounter with her and now I am paying a huge price for my mistake.  I haven't been tested yet because I fear it will be positive but I think to myself in a year this uncertainty will be over and my life will have been decided.  HSV1 isn't the worst thing in the world but of course it will make my life different especially if I am one of those odd people who get outbreaks for the next 40 years.  
Helpful - 0
EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS!!!!
Wherever i go gp, clinic, online. Everybody, no matter who, all tell me this is not herpes related also it is not herpes as i have no sores!!! this is bull and obviously you're another person experiencing the exact same symptoms guess your sitting in my chair!!!!!
Helpful - 0
just confirmed that I have HSV 2...i"m completely devasted and don't know what I should do at this point....
Helpful - 0
do ask if he's been tested as a result of all of the nuerologicol symptoms?please be honest.thanks.
Helpful - 0
keep us posted on your results.i have those same problems and was told it doesnt sound like herpes.i hope not.good luck....
Helpful - 0
yeah...been tested...results should be back shortly...

Does this sound like Herpes infection to you?
Helpful - 0
The igm is a relatively poor test and shouldn't be done for herpes.  http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Confusiion-over-other-IgM-Herpes-posts/show/248394  is a terrific prior post by HHH that goes into more detail on it.

Have you been tested yet? If not, that's the next step.

grace
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.